READING MUSIC 1 - Quiz Answers
- The Greek Pythagoras 550BC
- Boethius, Guido D'Arrezo and Franco of Cologne
- Pitch (how high or low each note sounds) and duration (how long each note sounds)
- The 'Boethius Notation' system contained 15 letternames which coverd two octaves.
- Seven letters, covering just one octave.
- The seven notes originally defined by Pythagoras.
- The span between one note and its nearest nabour with the same letter name.
- At the left end of the keyboard. On the keyboard the pitch of the notes increases from left to right.
- The octaves are :
- C - D - E - F - G - A - B - C
- G - A - B - C - D - E - F - G
- E - F - G - A - B - C - D - E
- B - C - D - E - F - G - A - B
Back to Quiz 1
Copyright © 2001 Michael Furstner (Jazclass). All rights reserved.