1. Name two types of Vibrato technique for the saxophone.
2. What is the difference between them ?
3. What have both in common ?
4. When should you start vibrato practice ?
1. What is the usual vibration frequency in vibrato playing ?
2. Why should you practise at much slower speed ?
3. To which part of a note is vibrato usually applied ?
1. What is the altissimo register ?
2. What is different between the altissimo range on a Baritone and on a soprano sax ?
3. At what interval are the high (palm key) notes overblown on an alto sax ?
4. At what interval are the high (palm key) notes overblown on an baritone sax ?
5. What is the consequence of 3 and 4 above on altissimo fingering ?
6. Why is it useful to do some practice in the altissimo register, even if you don't play in that range ?
1. What are the usual instrument combinations for 'doubling' ?
2. Why are these combinations popular ?
3. What are the advantage and disadvantage in using a different doubling combination (e.g alto and tenor) ?
1. List the sequence of practice elements recommended in this Course.
2. What is the difference in approach between the practice of scales and etudes ?
3. Name six essential scale patterns you should include in your practice.
4. Which one of these is the least important aspect of practice :