Saxophone - QUIZ 1
Back to Lesson 1 - Answers to Quiz 1 - Links
The "A to B" concept of learning the saxophone.
Name one vital ingredient for each of the three parts of this concept :
- starting point 'A'
- the travel
- destination 'B'
1. What are the three human aspects involved in meditation ?
2. What other human activities besides music use an 'active form of meditation' ?
3.How can you usually tell whether a particular element of play technique (on fingering, posture or breathing etc.) is good or not ?
a complete wavelength - half a wavelength - a quarter of a wavelength ?
How much of a complete tone wavelength is located within the saxophone resonator (the brass part of the saxophone) :
1. How many resonators are involved in saxophone playing ?
2. What can you say about the vibrations : of the reed, in the saxophone and in the player's mouth (throat and lungs) at all times ?
reed - saxophone resonator - player's 'oral tract' ?
1. Who is initially in control of the tone and who are the 'servants' :
2. Who should eventually be in control of the tone ?
1. What are the four vital elements of good technique that produce a good tone ?
2. How much of your practice time should you spend on tone development ?
3. Which three things must be going on in your head (besides blowing) when you produce a tone ?
Back to Lesson 1 - Answers to Quiz 1 - Top - Links
Copyright © 2002 Michael Furstner (Jazclass). All rights reserved.